American Bullfrog (Lithobates catesbeianus)
Neo Tiew Road, 20th December 2008
When I first encountered this bullfrog, it was still very much alive, and sitting by the road just outside Khai Seng Trading & Fish Farm. No prizes for guessing where it had just escaped from.
After some time, the bullfrog attempted to cross the road, and after a few near misses, it was finally struck by a passing car. A horrible end, even for an unwelcome, potentially invasive species.
- The Digital Nature Archive of Singapore
- Non-indigenous frogs in Singapore
- Ecology Asia
- Wildlife Singapore
- USGS NAS – Nonindigenous Aquatic Species
- USGS Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center: Checklist of Amphibian Species and Identification Guide
- Amphibians and Reptiles of Europe
- Global Invasive Species Database
- IUCN Red List
- Animal Diversity Web
- National Geographic Animals