Reticulated Python (Malayopython reticulatus)
Bukit Merah, 21st May 2011
The dismembered head and neck of this large snake was found along the KTM railway tracks that run through Bukit Merah. Because of the size of the snake, as well as the general shape of the head, my guess is that it is a Reticulated Python that could have been struck and killed by a passing train.
- The Digital Nature Archive of Singapore
- SLOG (Singapore Snakes Blog): Snake In A Park!
- Wild Fact Sheets
- Wildlife Singapore
- Ecology Asia
- The Herpetofauna and Mammals of Semakau Landfill
- The Tidechaser: Snakes (Phylum Chordata: Suborder Serpentes) of Singapore
- Amphibians & Reptiles of Peninsular Malaysia
- Reptiles and Amphibians of Bangkok
- Giant Constricting Snakes
- The Reptile Database
- Animal Diversity Web