Sunda Pangolin (Manis javanica)
Bukit Batok, 9th April 2012
This Sunda Pangolin carcass was discovered by Simon Tay, and his photo of it was posted on Facebook. Thanks also go to Ken Ang for bringing it to my attention by sharing it on his Facebook feed as well.
The specimen was retrieved by Ong SayLin and added to the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research’s collections. This 2002 article by N. Sivasothi explains the value of carcasses, especially in scientific research, and some of the challenges faced in retrieving them.
Find out how you can contribute to Monday Morgue too.
- NParks Flora&FaunaWeb
- Wildlife Singapore
- Singapore Red Data Book 2008
- Mammals (Phylum Chordata: Class Mammalia) of Singapore
- Ecology Asia
- IUCN-SSC Pangolin Specialist Group
- IUCN Red List
- EDGE mammals
- Natural History Museum Species of the day
- Animal Diversity Web
- Autecology of the Sunda Pangolin (Manis javanica) in Singapore
- Home range, activity cycle and natal den usage of a
female Sunda Pangolin Manis javanica (Mammalia:
Pholidota) in Singapore