Sunda Pangolin (Manis javanica)
Petir Road, 9th July 2012
This photo of a dead adult male Sunda Pangolin was shared by Marcus Chua. The cause of death is currently unknown.
The specimen was retrieved and added to the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research’s collections. This 2002 article by N. Sivasothi explains the importance of retrieving wildlife carcasses that can be used for research and exhibition purposes, and some of the challenges faced.
Find out how you can contribute to Monday Morgue as well.
- NParks Flora&FaunaWeb
- The Digital Nature Archive of Singapore
- Wildlife Singapore
- The Tide Chaser: Mammals (Phylum Chordata: Class Mammalia) of Singapore
- Ecology Asia
- IUCN-SSC Pangolin Specialist Group
- IUCN Red List
- EDGE mammals
- Natural History Museum Species of the day
- Animal Diversity Web
- Autecology of the Sunda Pangolin (Manis javanica) in Singapore
- Home range, activity cycle and natal den usage of a
female Sunda Pangolin Manis javanica (Mammalia:
Pholidota) in Singapore