Pig-nosed Turtle (Carettochelys insculpta)
Tampines Quarry, 20th July 2014
These skeletal remains of a Pig-nosed Turtle most likely belonged to an illegal pet that was subsequently abandoned in the lake at the quarry.
This find has been documented in the Singapore Biodiversity Records: Skeletal remains of a Pig-nosed Turtle in Tampines Quarry.
- Singapore Biodiversity Records: Skeletal remains of a Pig-nosed Turtle in Tampines Quarry
- The ecology of the non-native Red-eared Sliders and their potential impacts on the native fauna of Singapore
- Assessing The Trade In Pig-Nosed Turtles Carettochelys insculpta in Papua, Indonesia
- Conservation Biology of Freshwater Turtles and Tortoises: A Compilation Project of the IUCN/SSC Tortoise and Freshwater Turtle Specialist Group
- The Lord Geekington: The Pig-nosed Turtle
- Turtles of the World
- Turtles of the World, 7th Edition: Annotated Checklist of Taxonomy, Synonymy, Distribution with Maps, and Conservation Status
- The Reptile Database
- Animal Diversity Web
- IUCN Red List