Another electrocution victim…
27th December 2015;

Yesterday we received a call about a critically injured Bengal Slow Loris (Nycticebus bengalensis). The WFFT Wildlife Rescue Team rushed to the aid of this injured animal that had been found by some concerned local people, unable to move near a busy road. After being electrocuted by exposed power lines he had fallen to the ground. He was rushed directly to the WFFT Wildlife Hospital for urgent care. Having endured horrific burns to each of his feet, hands and limbs, the injuries were too severve to save this little soul. Sadly this happens all too often in Thailand, exposed electricity cables throughout the country severely injure and kill thousands of wild animals every year. Rest in peace little one.

Source: Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s