Clouded Monitor (Varanus nebulosus)
Island Club Road, 14th March 2017
This very young Clouded Monitor was seen near the entrance of Island Club Road. It had most likely been run over by a passing vehicle.
Whether the Clouded Monitor is a subspecies of the Bengal Monitor (Varanus bengalensis) or a distinct species is still a matter of some debate; some sources still lump the two of them together.
- Animals & Plants of Singapore
- NParks Flora & Fauna Web
- Celebrating Singapore’s Biodiversity: More on Monitors
- The Tide Chaser: Lizards (Phylum Chordata: Suborder Lacertilia) of Singapore
- Ecology Asia
- On the occurrence of Varanus nebulosus (Gray, 1831) (Squamata: Varanidae) on Riau Archipelago, Indonesia
- Observations of Basking in Varanus bengalensis nebulosus from Northeastern Thailand
- Preliminary Account of the Clouded Monitors (Varanus bengalensis nebulosus) of Ban Truem Village, Northeastern Thailand
- Mampam Conservation
- The Reptile Database
- IUCN Red List
- Animal Diversity Web