Thailand: Slow Loris dies shortly after arrival
20th January 2016;
A few days ago a Bengal Slow Loris (Nycticebus bengalensis) was brought for urgent medical treatment. He had been found in the garden of a concerned local who had kept him for 1 month prior contacting us. Sadly he died shortly after arrival. The results of the postmortem found that he had suffered from some kind of impaction as he was bleeding internally, this may have been caused by a vehicle collision or attack by humans or feral domestic animals. Rest in peace little one.
Another electrocution victim…
27th December 2015;
Yesterday we received a call about a critically injured Bengal Slow Loris (Nycticebus bengalensis). The WFFT Wildlife Rescue Team rushed to the aid of this injured animal that had been found by some concerned local people, unable to move near a busy road. After being electrocuted by exposed power lines he had fallen to the ground. He was rushed directly to the WFFT Wildlife Hospital for urgent care. Having endured horrific burns to each of his feet, hands and limbs, the injuries were too severve to save this little soul. Sadly this happens all too often in Thailand, exposed electricity cables throughout the country severely injure and kill thousands of wild animals every year. Rest in peace little one.