R.I.P. terrapin… Found at Lorong Halus Wetlands. It had been flattened by cyclists.
Source: Wilson Shee Facebook
Sailfin Catfish (Pterygoplichthys sp.)
Lorong Halus, 24th March 2013
This photo of a Sailfin Catfish was shared by Nikita Hengbok.
Find out how you can contribute to Monday Morgue too.
Several species of Sailfin Catfishes (Pterygoplichthys spp.) have been introduced to various parts of the world, probably due to the release and abandonment of aquarium pets.
- A Guide to the Freshwater Fishes of Singapore
- Identification of Sailfin Catfishes (Teleostei: Loricariidae) in Southeastern Asia.
- Length-weight Relationship and Condition Factor of Pterygoplichthys pardalis (Pisces: Loricariidae) in Malaysia Peninsula
- New Philippine record of South American Sailfin Catfishes (Pisces: Loricariidae)
- Discovery of the Amazon sailfin catfish Pterygoplichthys pardalis (Castelnau, 1855) (Teleostei: Loricariidae) in Vietnam
- Identification of Exotic Sailfin Catfish Species (Pterygoplichthys, Loricariidae) in Taiwan Based on Morphology and mtDNA Sequences
- Size Structure, Reproductive Phenology, and Sex Ratio of an Exotic Armored Catfish (Liposarcus multiradiatus) in the Kaoping River of Southern Taiwan
- The South American Suckermouth Armored Catfish, Pterygoplichthys anisitsi (Pisces: Loricaridae), in Texas, with Comments on Foreign Fish Introductions in the American Southwest
- Exotic Suckermouth Catfishes (Family Loricariidae) in Texas waters
- Discovery of South American Suckermouth Armored Catfishes (Loricariidae, Pterygoplichthys spp.) in the Santa Fe River drainage, Suwannee River basin, USA
- Suckermouth Catfishes: threats to aquatic ecosystems in the United States?
- The South American Sailfin Armored Catfish, Liposarcus multiradiatus (Hancock), a New Exotic Established in Puerto Rican Fresh Waters
- Amazon Sailfin Catfish, Pterygoplichthys pardalis (Castelnau, 1855) (Loricariidae), another exotic species established in southeastern Mexico
- The biological and reproductive parameters of the invasive Armored Catfish Pterygoplichthys disjunctivus from Adolfo López Mateos El Infiernillo Reservoir, Michoacán-Guerrero, Mexico
- Salinity tolerance of non-native Suckermouth Armoured Catfish (Loricariidae: Pterygoplichthys) in south-eastern Mexico: implications for invasion and dispersal
- First record of the Leopard Pleco, Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps (Actinopterygii, Loricariidae) in the Brda River in the centre of Bydgoszcz (northern Poland)
- Amazon Sailfin Catfish Pterygoplichthys pardalis (Castelnau, 1855) (Loricariidae, Siluriformes), a new fish species recorded in the Serbian section of the Danube River
- Possible Threat for Middle East Inland Water: an Exotic and Invasive Species, Pterygoplichthys disjunctivus (Weber, 1991) in Asi River, Turkey (Pisces: Loricariidae)
- Global Invasive Species Database
Two similar-looking species of Sailfin Armoured Catfish are believed to have feral populations in Singapore:
Amazon Sailfin Catfish (Pterygoplichthys pardalis)
Vermiculated Sailfin Catfish (Pterygoplichthys disjunctivus)