Daily Decay (31st May 2018): Noble Volute (Cymbiola nobilis) @ Beting Bronok
Daily Decay (15th April 2018): Noble Volute (Cymbiola nobilis) @ Beting Bronok
This shell of a Noble Volute was found on the ground some distance away from the sea. It was likely left there by a person.
Noble Volute (Cymbiola nobilis)
Pulau Sekudu, 6th July 2016
- NParks Flora & Fauna Web
- Wild Fact Sheets
- The Tide Chaser: Volutes (Phylum Mollusca: Family Volutidae) of Singapore
- Project Semakau
- The intertidal molluscs of Pulau Semakau: preliminary results of ‘Project Semakau’
- Shell-bearing gastropod molluscs of the Singapore Strait
- A Preliminary Checklist of the Molluscs of Singapore
- OBIS Indo-Pacific Molluscan Database
Assorted marine molluscs of Singapore: Octopus (F. Octopodidae), Arabian Cowrie (Mauritia arabica), Green Mussel (Perna viridis), Noble Volute (Cymbiola nobilis), Spider Conch (Lambis lambis) & Fluted Giant Clam (Tridacna squamosa) @ VivoCity
Last few hours to see these and other examples of Singapore’s natural heritage at Day 2 of the Festival of Biodiversity 2014! We’ll be here at VivoCity until 10 pm, so hurry!
Baler Volute (Melo melo)
Chek Jawa, 24th April 2011
This empty shell of a Baler Volute was found during a routine Team Seagrass monitoring session. Strangely, unlike most other large empty shells, this one was not occupied by a Striped Hermit Crab (Clibanarius infraspinatus), although it had clearly already been colonised by Flat Slipper Limpets (Crepidula walshi), ascidians, and algae.