Daily Decay (31st May 2018): Noble Volute (Cymbiola nobilis) @ Beting Bronok
Daily Decay (29th May 2018): Unidentified Rabbitfish (Siganus sp.) @ Pasir Ris
This was one of the many casualties of yet another fish mass mortality event that was triggered by a harmful algal bloom in the eastern Straits of Johor in February and March 2015.
American Bullfrog (Rana catesbeiana)
Upper Seletar Reservoir Park, 5th May 2017
- The Biodiversity of Singapore
- Non-indigenous frogs in Singapore
- The Tide Chaser: Amphibians (Phylum Chordata: Class Amphibia) of Singapore
- Ecology Asia
- Amphibian Species of the World
- USGS NAS – Nonindigenous Aquatic Species
- Amphibians and Reptiles of Europe
- Global Invasive Species Database
- Invasive Species Compendium
- IUCN Red List
- Animal Diversity Web
- The emerging amphibian pathogen Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis globally infects introduced populations of the North American bullfrog, Rana catesbeiana
- Prediction and validation of the potential global distribution of a problematic alien invasive species — the American bullfrog
- Amphibian Pathogens in Southeast Asian Frog Trade
Daily Decay (27th May 2018): Unidentified Snapper (Lutjanus sp.) @ Changi
This was one of the many casualties of a fish mass death in February 2014, caused by a harmful algal bloom in the eastern Straits of Johor.
Many of the offshore fish farms in the Straits of Johor raise several species of Snapper, such as John’s Snapper (Lutjanus johnii) and Crimson Snapper (Lutjanus erythropterus), for human consumption, so this carcass is likely to be one of the farmed fishes, instead of being of wild origin.
Daily Decay (26th May 2018): Lokan (Geloina sp.) @ Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
Daily Decay (25th May 2018): Caterpillar of Oleander Hawkmoth (Daphnis nerii) @ Changi
Several bushes were severely infested with Oleander Hawkmoth caterpillars. Many of the caterpillars were dead, possibly killed by pesticides.
Daily Decay (24th May 2018): Tropical Silverside (Atherinomorus duodecimalis) @ Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
Daily Decay (23rd May 2018): River Snails (Filopaludina martensi & Sinotaia guangdungensis) @ Sengkang Riverside Park
Daily Decay (22nd May 2018): Moult of Flower Crab (Portunus pelagicus) @ Coney Island (Pulau Serangoon)